INFORMATION COLLECTION / YOUR PRIVACY
We make every effort to adhere to the Guidelines developed by the Australian Privacy Commissioner. In particular, we seek to comply with Information Privacy Principles 1 to 3 and 10 and 11 of the Privacy Act 1988 (a copy of the Act is available at ComLaw the legal information retrieval system owned by the Australian Attorney General’s Department).
This page explains the type of information that is collected by us, how such information is used, and under what circumstances and to whom it may be disclosed.
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
We will only record your email address if you send a message by email, use our website contact form, or if you register requesting to become a member to our newsletters. Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and we will not use or disclose your email address to any third party.
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We have no knowledge if cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked websites.
CLICKSTREAM DATA AND COOKIES
When visiting this website our site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user’s operating system (for example Windows, Mac, etc.) – this allows us to tailor browser or platform specific parts of the site to each operating system because browsers act differently on each platform;
- the user’s server address – this allows us to consider the visitors who use the site most, and tailor the site to their interests and needs;
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au etc.) – this can allow us to tailor information relevant to different domains;
- the date and time of the visit to the site – this is important for identifying the website’s busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded – this indicates to us which pages or documents are most important to our users and helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
- duration of the visit – this indicates to us how interesting and informative our site is to our users;
- geographic location – this shows us how well marketed our site is internationally;
- the site visited prior to our website – this helps us determine the interests of our users and which sites are providing links to ours as well as sites where we may be able to seek links;
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities unless legally compelled to do so, such as in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s log files.
NEED FURTHER INFORMATION?
You can obtain further information from the Privacy Commissioner’s web site.